May 22, 2022

SportsOnly

For all the latest football news, transfer news, football facts and other sports.

Italy’s sports minister thinks Ronaldo broke health protocol

1 min read

Cristiano Ronaldo may have broken health rules when he returned to Italy after testing positive for COVID-19 in Portugal, Italy’s sports minister said on Thursday.

The Juventus forward flew back to Italy in a private jet on Wednesday to go into quarantine at home.

Vincenzo Spadafora, the sports minister, was asked during a radio interview if Ronaldo might have broken health rules in doing so and he replied: “Yes, I think so, if there hadn’t been any specific authorisation from the health authority.”

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli said no rules had been broken.

“You must call the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of the Interior and have them explain what has been violated,” Agnelli said during a news conference.

Juventus said on Wednesday that Ronaldo had returned on a medical flight “authorised by the competent health authorities”.

Ronaldo played a friendly against Spain and a Nations League match against France before he tested positive and was forced to miss the 3-0 win over Sweden on Wednesday.

6 thoughts on “Italy’s sports minister thinks Ronaldo broke health protocol

  1. I simply had to appreciate you yet again. I am not sure the things that I might have tried in the absence of the entire advice shown by you about such subject matter. It truly was an absolute troublesome issue for me, but looking at your professional form you dealt with that forced me to jump over gladness. Now i am happy for your guidance and as well , pray you comprehend what a great job you happen to be accomplishing educating people today all through your web blog. I am certain you’ve never got to know any of us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.